On October 18 and 25, 1953, a group of believers came together and organized a church which would become Eastwood Baptist Church. This group called Reverand M. E. Fairchild as their first pastor. The church began its meetings in a white two-story house that stood in the midst of a grove of oak trees. Today that beginning has been blessed and cultivated into a church building complex that includes a 300+ seat worship center completed in late 2003, education and office space and a fellowship hall with a newly built commercial kitchen. The history of Eastwood has been exciting and as it celebrates its 63rd anniversary in 2016, with God's blessings may the future be even more so!